Saturday, December 5, 2015

You've gotta Have Some Down Days

Not everyday can be the best...I have made it my policy since we arrived here in Portugal that as soon I started to feel homesick or get a little blue...I would just get busy doing something or turn off the music that was making me emotional or work on my Portuguese.  But yesterday was a bad day for me.  It started out at breakfast without any warning.  I had cooked French Toast to celebrate the maple syrup we had found at the America Liberty Store.  So the smells of home were in our apartment...Just I was setting down I remembered to get the napkins.  Well, we keep our napkins in a little lower cabinet at the end of our counter......the same place Sweet Afton kept her napkins.  As I grabbed them and turned to go back to the table, I was flooded with the memory of eating breakfast with her and she always wanted a napkin if I had forgotten to get one earlier.  The realization of her not being in her home setting at her table eating french toast or eggs hit me like a ton of bricks!!  I think the rush to pack and get ready to leave after her passing robbed me of the necessary time I needed to grieve. The tears came and they were hard to turn off.  I miss her and feel her love for us very deeply.  I can still see her wag her finger at us and tell us not to worry about her and get on a mission.  I know that our Father in Heaven had a hand in the timing of all things that transpired before being able to leave.  We feel Afton's love and support everyday as she cheers us on.  Love you Afton,  and thank you for showing me the type of woman I wanted to be when I grew up.
Miss this beautiful Lady

4 comments:

Jami said...

I love you so much!! sorry for the rough day. it's true, you guys were so busy, you really didn't have time to process it all. She's up there smiling down on all the good work you guys are doing! you are definitely following in her (and gpa's) footsteps of service and love and of course she is proud! And now, I look to you for who i want to be when i finally decide to grow up! Love you! xo

Unknown said...

My sentiments exactly Jami! I strive everyday to be a little more like you Sharon! You are such an amazing example to me! I only hope one day I can be half the mother and wife that you are! Thanks for being you! We miss you everyday!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My sentiments exactly Jami! I strive everyday to be a little more like you Sharon! You are such an amazing example to me! I only hope one day I can be half the mother and wife that you are! Thanks for being you! We miss you everyday!