Thursday, December 3, 2015

Something Smells "Fishy"

Ever heard the term..."something smells fishy"   Well, that describes our little Pingo Doce grocery store below the Bull Fighting Arena.  It is a small store and if I were a fish lover I would LOVE that they have so many varieties of fish for such a small store.  But alas, anything beyond Tuna fish and Salmon are out of my league.  I am able to shop now without the feeling of nausea... I only have to hold my breath while passing in the general vicinity!  In defense of this little store, they also have a great little butcher at the meat counter, ready to cut and wrap anything you want.  AND they have a great fresh bakery... who knows, maybe before we're finished, I will be ready to try that tasty looking EEL!  


 This is bacahalou (?sp) and is by far the most preferred fish here.  It is dried and covered in salt- before cooking it must be soaked in water to remove the salt.

Is it just me, or does his eyes (oops eye),  seem to be following you!!

1 comment:

Jami said...

one word. YUCK!! i can smell it just looking at the pictures!!!!!