Friday, December 11, 2015

A Welcome Sight!

   Sometimes you just need a McDonalds fix!!  We had been trying to find an address of a chapel about a half an hour away...we were hopelessly lost but then...Out of the darkness appeared these 'golden arches'  and after a brief stop and a welcome taste of home, we found the chapel with time to spare!  
The back of our new car makes a great emergency table...the place was PACKED!!!
   It's beginning to look like Christmas - The lights here are beautiful but most of them are so bright that my iphone camera can't focus on them - the pictures come out like a white blur.  I am finally starting to get a little Christmas spirit.  We were behind a couple in line at the neighborhood Pingo Doce.  They had a little girl with them, and had a bag separate from their groceries with a box that was obviously a Christmas gift for her.  I watched as the mom checked all the groceries through and then the husband sneaked the big bag up to be scanned as the mom was distracting the little girl.  It was absurd how exciting that was for me, I got a little teary eyed along with a huge desire to see what they were buying for her!  The cashier scanned the box without removing it from the bag and I was so sad... it was all I could do to keep myself from asking if I could have a peek inside!!!  I probably would have if ...A. I could speak Portuguese and   B,  Ric hadn't been with me.  I realize that if I let myself dwell on it, I miss all the fuss of Christmas.  I've always loved the shopping and waiting for someone to open the gift (especially grandkids)  I am trying to focus more on the Savior this year and feel His love for me.  I have been reading Jesus the Christ and focusing on His life in my scripture study.  It is because of Him, His sacrafice for me and His plan for my family that I am able to feel the joy and peace I do when thinking of all those loved ones I have left at home.  May each of you have that wonderful peace and joy in your hearts at this beautiful season.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mom this is so sweet. I've been trying to re listen to all the conference talks before Christmas and also go to the temple once a week this month. It's helping me focus on the savior too. I just caught up on all ur blog posts! Jami just told us all that u are doing this. I'm so excited !!!!

Unknown said...

This is Mindy FYI. And I will always post under this name. How far is the nearest temple from u?

Unknown said...

I was just telling Jared the other day that it will be nice for you guys this year because the fuss of Christmas is taken out for you and you guys can fully focus on the true meaning of Christmas, Christ!

Unknown said...

I was just telling Jared the other day that it will be nice for you guys this year because the fuss of Christmas is taken out for you and you guys can fully focus on the true meaning of Christmas, Christ!