Friday, March 11, 2016

You Can't Run Away From Getting Older!!


 I may be in Portugal but my birthday still found me....I am officially one year older!  AND I'm not sure, but I think there is some rule that says after a certain age you may only BE one year older but with each birthday you LOOK 5 years older?!?  Oh, well on a positive note, I am very thankful and feel very blessed to be  older with all the experiences I have had in my life, to be the wife of an incredible man and the mother of 7 amazing children who all married well and added to my blessings.  The icing on my 'birthday cake' is being old enough to be the grandmother to 29 (soon to be 31) grandchildren....if it takes getting OLD to have all those things in my life then I'm all for it! 

 
The day started out with a beautiful omelet breakfast made by my sweet companion...he's actually a great cook! 










The day just got better with letters, pictures,  packages and phone calls from home..Nice to be remembered.









The great people at the Perpetual Education Fund office left me a little 'SUPRISE' on my computer and brought a cake!



Note to self....unless you look like Barbie- it does not make a good picture to stand over a cake holding a knife looking like you will either kill to get a piece or just dig in and eat the whole thing!  Wish I had a 'do over' but I don't and I love the people in this picture so I'll risk the ridicule!
The night ended with a dinner with friends and an evening of visiting and laughing.  If you are away from the ones you love... then love the ones you're with!  (I think that's a song title??)



1 comment:

Mindy said...

glad you had a happy birthday mom!!! looks awesome and that omelette looks perfect!