Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Who Doesn't Love a Pancake??



We had the Elders over for a pancake 'Brunch' for fun and to also help give support to a newly baptized member of our ward.  She had definately lived a hard life with multiple problems...her latest is a tumor she had removed from her face that will require more surgeries.  She has been down and this group rallied around her to show support and also to offer a Priesthood blessing.  It was a great afternoon.


This is Maria along with the Elder & Sister Neiswender...the new missionary couple who we get to work with.. they are easy to be around and are becoming fast friends.



Elder Anderton is great at giving counsel and advice...always has been!  Me..I am good at feeding people and making them feel welcome.  It takes all kinds?!?






These two are companions...They make such a great pair!  Elder Empey is a big hearted, kind former football player who may end up playing for BYU (his dad was just hired as an assistant coach) and Elder Silva is from Brazil.  He is dealing with a speech problem and it is difficult for him to speak in front of people....He is my hero as he bravely faces a crowd each fast sunday to bare his testimony.  He is the one who inspired me to make the effort to stand and share my own testimony although it was WAY out of my comfort zone and natural abilities.  They are both super strong missionaries and are so blessed to have each other for companions....they are one of the little miracles and blessings I have had in my life since serving here.  There are so many people who inspire me and help me to want to be better and do more as I serve here in Portugal.  Hopefully some of it rubs off on me!                                                                     


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i thought that was wyatt west at first. ha! i love pancakes!!!!