Saturday, August 6, 2016

Portugal on Fire

It has been HOT here.  I am getting used to sweating.  Usually 15 minutes after my morning shower it seems I need another one... but the thought of putting more humidity in the air keeps me from turning the water back on!  Actually, it is not as bad as I was worried about, either that or Heavenly Father is blessing me to get through it.  Because of the heat and the fact that we have had no rain since May, there are fires all over Portugal.  The fire fighters have done a great job at keeping the fires from spreading too far but there is always smoke in the air- especially up North.  

On our way to Gaia in the north we were diverted off of the freeway because of a large fire that was in process of 'jumping' over the freeway.  Needless to say, we were 30 minutes late for the devotional and had an exciting experience with our Garmin!



This is a separate fire we saw on our way back to Lisbon the next day!

1 comment:

Mindy and Marty said...

that is CRAZY and ALOT of smoke!! holy smokes!! i love that garmin of yours we had some exciting experiences too ya?!